Leadore, Idaho

Bannock Pass goes over the Continental Divide. This is where we got dropped off. Ben is putting tape on his blisters.


My brother-in-law Gary dropped me off in Leadore, Idaho on his way back to Boise after a few days in Missoula.  

I got a room in Leadore and met a fellow SOBO (southbound) hiker. We had dinner and breakfast together and we hiked a little ways together. He's a much stronger hiker than I am, so I didn't even try to keep up!


The Continental Divide is some of the state borders between Idaho and Montana. The CDT follows the border closely. About every quarter mile there's an Idaho/Montana survey marker.


Meeting him is just what I needed to rekindle my enthusiasm for through hiking. His enthusiasm was contagious.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on the Trail

Down but Not Out