Down but Not Out

A few days ago my left foot started causing me discomfort and although I tried to walk through it, I had trouble thinking about anything else other than how painful it was. I  blamed it on a blister, but I've never had a blister this painful. I decided I needed to go to a clinic and have it looked at. 

Here's where I got lucky! I was able to send a text to Gary my brother in law in Boise (the same relative that arranged a rescue for our broken down car in a remote NM desert a few weeks ago) asking him to find a clinic that could examine my foot.

Gary did a geographical search of the area and texted me some options. Simultaneously, the trail passed a Forest Service campground with one camper. He took me to Grants, N.M. the next day.   

Dan and Don, a hiker that joined us a few days ago,  continued hiking. 

A clinic in Grants that Gary had lined up saw me the afternoon I arrived in Grants. Diagnosis - infected and swollen foot. Antibiotics were prescribed and now I'm laid up in a motel room. I'm not sure how long it'll take for me to be able to get back on the trail so I can join up with Dan and Don. I hope it's sooner than later. 

Comments

  1. Good luck Pat - hope your foot gets better soon. We're cheering you on at RCG Tuesday mornings. I have a map tracking your progress, it looks like you've traveled about 2 inches so far. Take care - Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a speedy recovery and you’re back on the trail again. Just don’t rush it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leadore, Idaho

Back on the Trail

Guest post: A few days on the CDT with my Dad