Route 66 - Grants, N.M.


In Grants, they make a big deal about being on Route 66. I don't think that'd mean anything to me, except I remember a TV show from my childhood called Route 66. The TV show was about two guys traveling Route 66 in a Corvette (I don't know the color of the Corvette - b&w TV days) getting into all kinds of situations. The show had its own popular theme song - "Get Your Kicks on Route 66."

Could the TV show have that much influence? Unless you are my age,  you've probably never heard of the TV show.

The Mining Museum in Grants has a large headframe in the city park adjoining the museum.


My mom and her sister took a vacation driving some of Route 66. After doing a little research on Route 66, it's well known for something other than the TV show. It was one of the original highways in the U.S. Highway System. It also appeared in John Steinbeck's "The Grapes of Wrath," as it was one of the main routes people took when migrating west during the Dust Bowl.

It feels so good to get away from my motel and look around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on the Trail

Down but Not Out

Leadore, Idaho